The Financial & Estate Planning Council of Huntsville was formed as a nonprofit corporation for the following objectives:
- To foster intelligent cooperation and a cordial understanding among the members as to the proper relationship between the function of the attorney, certified public accountant, life underwriter, trust officer and financial planner in the field of financial and estate planning; and
- To assist its members in keeping abreast of laws and conditions affecting business and personal taxation and the problem of estate accumulation and conservation so as to improve the knowledge of each member within his sphere; and with these objectives
- To encourage its members to have as their ultimate goal the rendering of the best professional service to the public.
Membership consists of professionals practicing in one or more the following categories:
- Officers of trust companies or banks maintaining trust departments which are actively engaged in trust or estate operations and administration;
- Chartered Life Underwriters
- Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Financial Planners
- Related Estate Planning Services - other professionals offering to the public financial planning services, asset management services or other related estate planning services.
All members must be interested in and actively practicing financial planning, estate planning or related subjects and shall have practiced a minimum of 5 years prior to admission into the council. Non-voting associate members are also accepted if they have practiced in one or more of these subject areas for a minimum of 2 years. The Board of Directors attempts to maintain parity among the categories of membership when admitting new members. Each category is represented by a member of the Board of Directors.
Current yearly dues for membership is $175. Dues include payment of meals for all meetings, annual social gatherings as determined by the Board, as well as other membership benefits such as NAEPC membership and access to professional publications at a discount or at no charge.
Membership applications and instructions can be found on the "Membership" tab at the top of the page.